The HHSC Psychiatric Executive Formulary Committee maintains and updates the Psychiatric Drug Formulary by:
- Recommending standards of drug use that discourage unnecessary duplication of therapeutic alternatives and encourage the highest standards of medical and pharmacy practice.
- Reviewing periodically the drugs listed in the formulary to ensure consistency with need, effectiveness, risk and cost.
- Consulting with experts in clinical pharmacy, pharmacology and other medical specialties as needed to objectively assess drugs under consideration.
- Adding new drugs to the formulary.
- Making other recommendations about drug use and policy as requested.
- Designating the formulations allowed for general use by service system components and their contractors.
Committee chair: Mark Messer, D.O., Terrell State Hospital
Secretary: Jean Baemayr, Pharm.D., State Hospitals
Angela Babin, R.Ph., The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
John Bennett, M.D., Dallas Metrocare Services
Bonnie Burroughs, R.Ph., Abilene State Supported Living Center
German Corso, M.D., Tropical Texas Behavioral Health
Catherine S. Hall, Pharm.D., San Antonio State Hospital
Jeanna Heidel, Pharm.D., Rusk State Hospital
Jeffery Matthews, M.D., UTHealth Science Center Tyler
David Moron, M.D., Rio Grande State Center
Kenda Pittman, Pharm.D., State Supported Living Centers
Rishi Sawhney, M.D., Behavioral Health Medical Director
Glenn Shipley, D.O., State Supported Living Centers
Ashton Wickramasinghe, M.D., Austin State Supported Living Center
For More Information
Contact us at HHSC_Psychiatric_Formulary_Committee@hhsc.state.tx.us.