The ECI Library collection contains a wealth of information on all aspects of early childhood intervention. Housed in the DSHS Audio Visual Library, 1100 W. 49th St., Austin, Texas, 78756, the collection is available to any Texas resident.
The ECI Library collection includes books, DVDs and journals that address all aspects of:
- Early childhood intervention
- Disabilities and developmental delays
- Families and siblings
- Assessment and evaluation (including tools and kits)
- Parent Advocacy
- Child development
- Laws and legislation affecting children with disabilities and developmental delays.
In addition, all ECI library users will have access to the materials in DSHS's Medical and Research Library, the Audio Visual Library and the Rehabilitation Services Library collections. Upon request, the Medical and Research librarian also is able to do reference database searches on specific topics of interest.
Read more about borrowing materials from the DSHS Audio Visual Library.
Contact Information for the ECI Library collection at the DSHS Audio Visual Library:
Toll Free: (888) 963-7111 x7260
Phone: (512) 776-7260
Fax: (512) 776-7474
Library Matters is produced monthly by Texas Health and Human Services. Each issue provides readers with a listing of articles, books, videos and journals on a particular subject, for example, seizure disorder, Down syndrome, Autism, infant mental health and behavioral issues.
- January 2018: Play and Motor Development (PDF)
- December 2017: Parenting (PDF)
- November 2017: Child Care, Inclusion, and Transition (PDF)
- October 2017: Down syndrome (PDF)
- September 2017: Child Development and Brain Development (PDF)
- August 2017: Deafness, Hearing Impairments, Speech and Language Development (PDF)
- July 2017: Medical Diagnosis and Special Populations (PDF)
- June 2017: Training, Management, Supervision, and Leadership Resources (PDF)
- May 2017: Behavioral Issues (PDF)
- April 2017: Autism Resources (PDF)
- March 2017: Social and Emotional Development (PDF)
- February 2017: Cultural Competencies and Bilingual Language Development (PDF)
- January 2017: Play and Motor Development (PDF)
- December 2016 Issue: Parenting (PDF)
- November 2016: Child Care, Inclusion, and Transition (PDF)
- October 2016: Down Syndrome (PDF)
- September 2016: Child Development and Brain Development (PDF)
- August 2016: Management, Supervision, and Leadership Resources (PDF)