Blind and Visually Impaired


What are Blind and Visually Impaired Services?

Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) works with people who are blind and visually impaired to help them reach their independence goals.

What Services can I Get?

Where do I Apply?

Call the Office of the Ombudsman at 877-787-8999, select a language and then select Option 3. You also can submit your request online.

For DBMD, contact the interest list at 877-438-5658. For questions about DBMD, please email: DBMDPolicy@HHSC.State.Tx.Us.

For Independent Living Services, contact the Center for Independent Living in your area.

What Services Moved to the Texas Workforce Commission?

On Sept. 1, 2016, these services moved to the Texas Workforce Commission: