What is a HCSSA?
Home and community support services agencies (HCSSAs) provide services such as
- physical, occupational, speech, respiratory or intravenous therapy;
- social services;
- personal assistance services;
- nutritional counseling; and
- terminal and palliative care (through hospice agencies)
- to individuals in a residence or independent living environment.
Hospice agencies and hospice inpatient facilities provide intervention services that focus primarily on the reduction or abatement of physical, psychological, or spiritual symptoms of a terminal illness for consumers. They also provide support services for consumers and their families.
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting: 512-438-2080
- Licensing and certification: 512-438-2630
- OASIS help desk: 512-438-4122
- Policy and rule interpretations: 512-438-3161 / PolicyRulesTraining@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
- Regulatory Services regional contacts