What is HCS?
The Home and Community-based Services program provides individualized services and supports to persons with intellectual disabilities who are living with their family, in their own home or in other community settings, such as small group homes.
- Updated COVID-19 FAQs for HCS and TxHmL Providers (PDF)
- Infection Control Basics & PPE Training for Essential Caregivers (PDF)
- HCS Expanded Visitation Attestation (Word)
- HCS COVID-19 Provider Response to COVID-19 and Expansion of Reopening Visitation Rules (PDF)
- COVID-19 FAQ for HCS and TxHml Providers with General Questions also Applicable to ICF/IID (PDF)
- COVID-19 Response for HCS Residential Providers (PDF)
- Helping Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Related Conditions Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 (PDF)
- Long-term Care COVID-19 Vaccination Options (PDF)
Don't Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Provider/policy information: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contracting information: 512-438-3234 / IDDWaiverContractEnrollment@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Eligibility information: Your local authority
- Waiver Survey and Certification: 512-438-4163 / email@example.com
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
Regulatory Comment Card Survey
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 9: Home and Community-Based Services (HCS) Program and Community First Choice (CFC)
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part I, Chapter 41: Consumer Directed Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
Other Rules and Statutes
Waiver Survey and Certification Review Tools and Forms
The Regulatory Services Waiver Survey and Certification unit began using the following forms checklists for all Home and Community-based Services (HCS) certification reviews in June 2010 and the Residential Review Checklist in September 2009.
- Form 1573, Residential Review Evidence of Correction for Results Less Than 90%
- Form 3609, Waiver Survey and Certification Residential Checklist
- Form 5611, Waiver Survey and Certification — HCS Personnel Checklist
- Form 5607, Waiver Survey and Certification DFPS Checklist
- Form 5610, Fire Drills
- Form 8576, Individual Profile Information
- Form 8608, Sample Appeal Letter