What Training Is Required?
Online Introductory Course
The Texas Health and Human Services Online Introductory Course is appropriate for any member of the planning team, including:
- Legally authorized representatives
- Family members
- Nurses (required in some instances)
- Behavior specialists (required in some instances)
- Employment specialists (required in some instances)
- Attendants (required in some instances)
- Direct support professionals (required in some instances)
- Anyone asked to be a member of the planning team
Note: To access and complete this free online training, please go to the HHS Learning Portal, create a user login, and follow instructions to complete the training.
Person-Centered Thinking Classroom Course
To register for the Person-Centered Thinking 2-day classroom course, please go to the HHS Learning Portal, create a user login, and follow instructions to register for a class that is most convenient to your location.
An introductory course also is offered by DirectCourseOnline. The online offering includes courses in Person-Centered Counseling (PCC) and Person-Centered Thinking and Practice. There are 12 lessons in all.
HHS Approved Full Training
The following training is approved by Texas Health and Human Services for people required to take the full training, specifically case managers, service managers and service coordinators. If you would like to submit a training course to HHS for approval, email: Medicaid_HCBS_Rule@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Remember to keep your training certificate.
- Delmarva Foundation's Person-Centered Thinking Training or call 1-866-755-3506
- Person-Centered Counseling (PCC), Person-Centered Thinking and Practice (online) and Person-Centered Thinking and Practice In-Person Course (one-day facilitated training)
- eCourse Catalog Person-Centered Counseling: Person-Centered Thinking and Practices [12 lessons; 8.5 contact hours]
- Lara Consulting Services
- The Hill Country Transition Support Team is pleased to continue sponsoring 2-day Person Centered Thinking training for the paid and unpaid supports of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. This training is free and meets HHSC’s requirements for employees who write plans of service. The skills learned during this training apply to all people and help promote relationships and services that are truly person-centered. Training takes place in the AACOG Boardroom.
- Institute for Person-Centered Planning Person Centered Thinking
- Learning Community for Person Centered Practices' Person Centered Thinking Training, which can be provided by any Learning Community-certified trainer
- United Health Care Person-Centered Transitions to Community Living
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Provider call center: 888-887-9003, 877-842-3210 or 800-905-8671