What Training Is Available?
Online Introductory Course to Person Centered Planning
The Texas Health and Human Services Online Introductory Course is appropriate for any member of the planning team, including:
- Legally authorized representatives
- Family members
- Nurses (required in some instances)
- Behavior specialists (required in some instances)
- Employment specialists (required in some instances)
- Attendants (required in some instances)
- Direct support professionals (required in some instances)
- Anyone asked to be a member of the planning team
Note: To access and complete this free online training, please go to the HHS Learning Portal, create a user login, and follow instructions to complete the training.
HHSC-sponsored PCT classroom training is suspended until further notice due to COVID-19.
HHSC and the Learning Community for Person-Centered Practices are offering a virtual Person-Centered Thinking class that will satisfy full training requirements until such time as in-person trainings can resume.
For specific questions about COVID 19 related flexibilities please contact PersonCenteredPlanning@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Overview of Person-Centered Thinking Virtual Training
This new course is offered by Texas certified Person-Centered Thinking (PCT) trainers. A four-hour virtual overview, it can help new staff or providers learn fundamentals until the full PCT training is available. Participants are expected to follow up with the full training in the future. For more information, please contact HHSC Person Centered Planning at PersonCenteredPlanning@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Alabama Person-Centered Thinking
This course is an introduction to the concepts of person-centered practices. Like the four-hour virtual overview above, it does not fulfill the requirements for people who need full training but can be useful until the full training is available. To access the Alabama Person-Centered Thinking course free of charge, go to the link here and follow the steps outlined below: https://admh.academy.reliaslearning.com/Person-Centered-Thinking--ADMH-PCTHRST-CEQ.aspx
- Add to cart
- Check out
- Log in or create a free account (the course is free, so your billing information will not be used)
- Check your email for a confirmation email that will include a link to access your training.
An introductory course also is offered by DirectCourseOnline. The online offering includes courses in Person-Centered Counseling (PCC) and Person-Centered Thinking and Practice. There are 12 lessons in all.
Person-Centered Thinking Classroom Course
To register for the Person-Centered Thinking 2-day classroom course, please go to the HHS Learning Portal, create a user login, and follow instructions to register for a class that is most convenient to your location.
HHS Approved Full Training
The following trainings are approved by Texas Health and Human Services for people required to take the full training, specifically case managers, service managers and service coordinators. If you would like to submit a training course to HHS for approval, email: PersonCenteredPlanning@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Remember to keep your training certificate.
- Delmarva Foundation's Person-Centered Thinking Training or call 1-866-755-3506
- Person-Centered Counseling (PCC), Person-Centered Thinking and Practice (online) and Person-Centered Thinking and Practice In-Person Course (one-day facilitated training)
- eCourse Catalog Person-Centered Counseling: Person-Centered Thinking and Practices [12 lessons; 8.5 contact hours]
- Lara Consulting Services
- Institute for Person-Centered Planning Person Centered Thinking
- Learning Community for Person Centered Practices' Person Centered Thinking Training, which can be provided by any Learning Community-certified trainer
- United Health Care Person-Centered Transitions to Community Living
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Provider call center: 888-887-9003, 877-842-3210 or 800-905-8671