Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
Form 3015 Instructions
Purpose and About Applying
Read these instructions carefully before filling out Form 3015. This form is not used for day care director credentialing.
A resume does not substitute for any information required on Form 3015. To apply, you must submit all of the following:
- Form 3015, Application for a Child-Care Administrator License or a Child-Placing Agency Administrator License;
- Form 3017, Request for the Criminal History and Central Registry Checks Required for an Administrator’s License;
- Form 2985, Affidavit for Applicants for Employment with a Child Care Facility or Registered Child-Care Home;
- Three references, using Form 3016, Administrator Licensing – Reference for an Applicant (at least one reference must be provided by a person who can verify your management experience);
- An official, stamped transcript (or certification on letterhead) from the applicable universities or colleges; and
- Applicable fees (see Section V).
According to Chapter 43 of the Human Resources Code, and Title 26 of the Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 745, Subchapter N, a person may not serve as an administrator of a child-placing agency without a child-placing agency administrator license, and may not serve as an administrator of a general residential operation (GRO) or residential treatment center (RTC) without a child care administrator license.
To be eligible for a child care administrator license or a child-placing agency administrator license, you must do as follows:
- Submit three professional references from persons who can attest to your work experience and competence as a child care administrator or child-placing agency administrator, depending on the type of license that you are applying for. Forms are included in the application packet for use by the persons serving as your references. Only original handwritten references are accepted. Forms with the use of correction fluid will not be accepted.
- Submit evidence of at least one year of management or supervisory experience in a residential child care setting or licensed child-placing agency, if you are applying for a child-placing agency administrator's license. To fulfill the requirement for one year of experience in management and supervision of personnel and programs, you must substantiate through a reference who is, or was, your employer that the following are true about you:
- Completed your management or supervisory experience within the last 10 years;
- Completed your experience at a residential child care setting, if you are applying for a child care administrator's license, or a licensed child-placing agency if you are applying for a child-placing agency administrator's license;
- Shared responsibility for implementing an operation’s program or programs; and
- Supervised at least one staff member at a child care setting or child-placing agency,
Provide verification of your managerial experience by asking a present or former supervisor to submit one of the following reference forms, as applicable. Note: Under no circumstances does experience with a child-placing agency count toward meeting this requirement, if you are applying for a child care administrator license; nor does institutional experience count toward meeting this requirement, if you are applying for a child-placing agency administrator license. Under no circumstances does experience as a foster parent or caregiver in a foster home count toward either license.
- Submit evidence of one of the following education and experience-related qualifications:
- Master's or doctorate degree; or
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of full-time child care or related work experience. You must submit an original, official transcript or original letter of verification from the appropriate educational institution to verify your education. All applicable work experience must be documented on the application form.
Electronic official transcripts can be accepted when requested to be sent directly to the Administrator Licensing Division via firstname.lastname@example.org. A printout of a transcript received electronically cannot be accepted as it cannot be validated.
Pass background checks conducted by the Centralized Background Check Unit (CBCU) and submit the required criminal history affidavit.
Pass an examination. The exam is multiple choice and includes questions covering the following topics:
- Current minimum standards
- Resource development and fiscal management
- Professional ethics in administration
- Personnel management
- Child psychology (basic information on abused and neglected children placed in residential care)
- Child development
- Program development
- Client rights
- Professional legal liabilities
- Cultural competencies
The only study guide available for the exam is the current minimum standards, available online at Minimum Standards – Texas Health and Human Services.
If you intend to apply for both licenses, you must pay the appropriate fees for each license, meet the minimum qualifications for each license, and pass each of the separate exams.
All required documents must be received before your application can be approved or denied.
If you have questions about the eligibility requirements or applying for a license, contact the Child Care Regulation Administrator Licensing Program at 713-696-7119 or email@example.com.
Complete all fields on Form 3015. Leave no cells blank. Use N/A to indicate “Not Applicable.” Do not use correction fluid.
Section I, General Information – Complete all fields, including all legal names you have previously had, such as maiden names.
Section II, License Type – Select one box only. If you are applying for both licenses, you must submit two application packets, pay fees for each, qualify for both licenses, and pass each of the two exams.
Section III, Education – Provide information for colleges or universities attended. Include the name, city, state, dates of attendance, major, and degree earned, if any.
Section IV, Professional References – Provide three professional references. Include the name, address, and phone number for each person submitting a reference. At least one of these persons must be a current or past supervisor who verifies your required supervisory experience.
Section V, Fees – Attach a $100 nonrefundable fee with each application you submit. The fee covers the costs of processing the application. Applications received without a fee are not processed. Attach a $2 background check fee with each application you submit. Note: Submit this fee only if you have not received a background check through Child Care Regulation in the past 24 months. Make checks and money orders payable to Texas Health and Human Services.
Section VI, Employment History – Begin with your current or last employer and go back at least 10 years. Describe each position as a separate employment history entry, even those held under the same employer. When describing your relevant work or supervisory experience, provide the details required by the law and rules for administrator’s licenses.
Section VII, Felony and Professional Charges and Convictions – Read each question carefully and select Yes or No. A “Yes” response does not automatically preclude licensure; however, if you answer “Yes” to any of the questions, you must attach a detailed explanatory statement. You will be notified of any additional requirements.
Section VIII, Military Service – Select No or Yes and provide the dates of service. If requesting expedited licensure, provide additional documentation demonstrating your status as a military spouse, military service member or veteran.
Section X, Certification and Signature – Read the statements and if you agree, sign and date Form 3015.