Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- To serve as documentation that the family violence option and good cause were discussed with the client.
- To document the assessment and referral if a client requests the family violence option.
- To report final determination of good cause.
When to Prepare
The advisor prepares Form H1713 at each application.
Part I, Acknowledgement — The client reads and signs acknowledging that information about the family violence option and good cause was shared. Discuss and offer the family violence option at each periodic review; however, a signature is only required once. If the client refuses to sign, use the comment section to document. If the client claims good cause and good cause is approved, the advisor must re-evaluate the good cause status at subsequent reviews.
Part II, Assessment Referral — The advisor completes if the client claims good cause for noncooperation as a result of family violence.
Part III, Report of Good Cause — The advisor completes when good cause is approved and uses this section to report the final determination to state office and the local child support unit.
Number of Copies
firstname.lastname@example.org. Send the second copy to the local child support unit.
File the original under the Child Support tab.
Refer to the Texas Works Manager's Guide for form retention information.