Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- To notify the Office of Inspector General (OIG) that a treatment facility misused Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
- To identify benefits improperly accessed by a treatment facility.
When to Prepare
Use this form to inform OIG in writing of the benefits improperly accessed by a treatment facility when the facility is unable or unwilling to refund the benefits to the client's account.
Number of Copies
Prepare an original and one copy.
Email Form H1096, Notification Letter, and Form H1852, List of Resident Participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to OIG. Maintain a copy in the facilities file.
Refer to the Texas Works Manager's Guide.
To: Office of Inspector General (OIG), HHSC OIG Policy and QC — Send form to email@example.com.
From — Enter the name and telephone number of the staff member originating the referral.
Section I — Identification
Facility Name — Enter the name of the facility referred to OIG.
Date Notification Letter Sent — Enter the date the notification letter was mailed to the facility.
Facility Address — Enter the facility's street number and name.
Facility ZIP Code — Enter the facility's ZIP code.
Location of Facility File — Physical address of site where the facility's file is kept.
Mail Code — Enter the mail code of the local office originating the referral.
Region — Enter the number of the region originating the referral.
County Code — Enter the county code of the office originating the referral.
Section II — Basis of Suspected Fraud
Check the box or boxes indicating the reason for the suspected fraud.
Client Name — Enter the complete name of the client who resided in the treatment facility.
EDG Number — Enter the SNAP Eligibility Determination Group (EDG) number.
Date of Exit — Enter the date the client left the facility.
Date Accessed — Enter the date the facility accessed the client's benefits.
Reason Code* — Enter:
- code "A" when the facility accessed benefits after the client left the facility, or
- code "B" when the facility accessed more than half of the benefits before the 16th of the month.
Benefit Amount — Enter the benefit amount improperly accessed by the facility.
Total Amount Owed to HHSC — Add all amounts listed under Benefit Amount and enter the total.
Signature/Date — Sign and date the form.