Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Wait times are currently higher than normal. More COVID-19 information.
Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- a means by which a client may report self-employment income and expenses if accurate tax or business records are not available; and
- a means for computing a client's net monthly income from self-employment.
- a means for calculating income for qualifying households with a farm loss.
When to Prepare
The worker gives page 1-2 of Form H1049 to each client with self-employment income. The client completes all items on the form. It must be signed and dated by the applicant, spouse, or authorized representative.
The worker may assist in completing the form. If so, the worker either initials each entry made (the client must initial the entry also) or signs as having helped prepare the form.
Workers must return receipts, invoices, or other verifying papers provided by the client as soon as possible.
Number of Copies
The worker may give a supply of Form H1049 for clients to use in recording income and expenses for future certifications.
File Form H1049 in the case folder with the corresponding Form H1010-B.
Keep Form H1049 for three years. If other documents are submitted in place of, or in addition, to Form H1049, also keep copies of these documents for three years.
Instructions for the client-completed portion of the form are on Page 2 of the form.
The worker must document verification or computations on Page 3 of Form H1049 or on the Food Stamp or TANF Worksheet.
Section I — Calculate annual or seasonal self-employment income. Document the projection period in Section IV.
Section II — Calculate all other self-employment frequencies except annual or seasonal.
Section III — Calculate farm loss.
Section IV — Document verification and method used to calculate self-employment income.