Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
Growth hormones are covered for the treatment of people with specific diagnoses involving growth hormone deficiency. If an initial or extension request cannot be approved based on the above criteria, the approval request may be sent for medical review and reconsideration to the Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program.
When to Prepare or Update
This form is only used for people enrolled in the CSHCN Services Program.
A program-approved prescribing physician must complete and sign this form annually certifying that the individual continues to require these medications.
Requests must be signed and submitted by the prescribing physician. Please complete all requested information or document why information is not available.
Staff sends the form to the CSHCN-enrolled pharmacy, who then forwards the completed form by fax or mail:
|Mail:||Texas Health and Human Services|
|Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program (MC-1938)|
|P.O. Box 149347|
|Austin, TX 78714-9347|
- If a person is enrolled in a CSHCN service program an approved prescribing physician will complete this form.
- The prescribing physician must supply medical necessity documentation for people with specific diagnoses involving growth hormone deficiency.
- The prescribing physician must sign and submit the form completing all applicable fields.
- If information in not available, the prescribing physician must document why the information is not available.
- Direct all questions about this form to the CSHCN Services Program at 1-800-252-8023.