Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- To use with Form H1750, Child Support Referral, as an initial referral from the advisor to the local child support unit.
- To use with Form H1701, Child Support, TANF Foster Care, or TANF Medicaid case Information Exchange as a subsequent referral.
- To serve as the basic information document for TANF and Medicaid cases and the Office of Attorney General (OAG) child support cases.
When to Prepare
The client completes a separate Form H0050 for each absent parent as required in the Texas Works Handbook, A-1122, Parent Profiles for Child Support Referrals.
Number of Copies
An original only for each absent parent.
For non-GWS or TIERS cases, the advisor must attach Form H0050 to Form H1750 and send to the local child support unit within two days of receiving Form H1750. Send Form H0050 with Form H1701 when Form H0050 is needed because a child is added or a case is transferred from Medicaid Only to TANF. Cases completed on GWS or TIERS automatically transmit Form H0050 to the OAG.
File Form H0050 under the Child Support section of the case folder.
See the Texas Work's Manager's Guide for retention requirements.
Form H0050 is self-explanatory. Advisors must explain to the client that if they cannot name the absent father, they must complete and sign the perjury statement listed under Section V, Relationship Between Mother and Father of Children. of Form H0050.