What is MDCP?
The program provides services to support families caring for children and young adults age 20 and younger who are medically dependent and to encourage de-institutionalization of children and young adults who reside in nursing facilities. MDCP provides respite, flexible family support services, minor home modifications, adaptive aids, transition assistance services, employment assistance, supported employment and financial management services through a STAR Kids managed care organization.
Contact Program Staff
701 West 51st St.
Mail Code W-579
Austin, Texas 78751-2312
For questions about:
- Provider or program policy, email MdcpPolicy@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Resource Utilization Group (RUG) assessment form, call 512-438-5837
- Medical necessity determinations and other RUG questions, call the TMHP Help Desk at 800-626-4117 or 800-727-5436
- MDCP Interest list, call 877-438-5658
- Texas Health Steps - Comprehensive Care Program, call 877-847-8377
- Medicaid and Complaints, call the Office of Ombudsman at 866-566-8989
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 353, Subchapter M, Home and Community Based Services in Managed Care, Rule §353.1155 Medically Dependent Children Program