What is Family Care?
Family Care is a nonskilled, nontechnical attendant care service for eligible adults who are functionally limited in performing activities of daily living. Primary Home Care provider agencies have the option of providing these services. Family Care services are provided by an attendant and do not require the supervision of a registered nurse.
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting information: 512-438-3550
- Contract Oversight:Contracted Community Services Unit Manager
- Eligibility information: Your local HHS office
- Policy information: 512-438-3740
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
How to Become a Provider
To be eligible to provide services and receive reimbursement for these services, a provider agency must be a Primary Home Care provider.