What is CMPAS?
Under the CMPAS program, Texas Health and Human Services contracts with licensed agencies to provide personal assistance services to people who have physical disabilities who are mentally and emotionally competent and willing to supervise their attendant or have someone who can supervise the attendant for them. The individual interviews, selects, trains, supervises and releases their personal assistants. Health-related tasks are prescribed by physician.
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting information: Contracted Community Services Unit Manager
- Contract Oversight: Contracted Community Services Unit Manager
- Eligibility information: Your local HHS office
- Policy information: 512-438-2432 or email@example.com
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
How to Become a Provider
For information about how to become a provider, please contact your local Community Services Contracts unit manager.