What is CLASS?
CLASS provides home- and community-based services to people with related conditions as a cost-effective alternative to placement in an intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or a related condition. A related condition is a disability, other than an intellectual disability, that originated before age 22 and that affects a person's ability to function in daily life.
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Provider/policy information: 512-438-3078
- Contracting information: 512-438-3550
- Eligibility information: CLASS Interest List: 877-438-5658
- Operations staff: 512-438-3609
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 45: Community Living Assistance and Support Services and Community First Choice (CFC) Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 558: Licensing Standards for Home and Community Support Services Agencies
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 41: Consumer Directed Services Option
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
Formatted State Rules
HHS maintains the formatted versions of rules related to this program on its website to enhance public access to program information. The Texas Register and the Texas Administrative Code remain the official sources for all HHS rules.