What is CAS?
Community Attendant Services is a non-technical, medically related personal care service that is available to eligible adults and children whose health problems cause them to be functionally limited in performing activities of daily living according to a practitioner's statement of medical need. Services are provided by an attendant.
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting information: 512-438-3550
- Contract Oversight: Contracted Community Services Unit Manager
- Eligibility information: Your local Health and Human Services office
- Policy information: 512-438-3740
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
How to Become a Provider
To be eligible to provide services and receive reimbursement for these services, a provider agency must be a Primary Home Care provider.