Services that help children and caregivers gain access to services and resources in the community.
What Are the Benefits of Children’s Mental Health Case Management Services?
Case management services help the child and caregivers identify immediate needs and facilitate access to community resources to help them and their child address those needs. The case manager provides services to help caregivers learn new ways to advocate for their child and support the family while they receive other mental health services, such as medication management and counseling. The case manager helps ensure all the services work together for the benefit of caregivers and their children.
Who Is Eligible for Children’s Mental Health Case Management Services?
- Children ages 3 to 17 with a serious emotional disturbance that may have a diagnosis, and their caregivers.
- Children must be enrolled in mental health services.
- Caregivers must be Texas residents.
- Caregivers must meet financial eligibility requirements.
How Do I Get Children’s Mental Health Case Management Services?
- Contact your local mental health authority or local behavioral health authority.
- Call 2-1-1 and ask for the LMHA or LBHA in your area.