PPI helps parents reduce the effects of symptoms of substance use by providing case management, home visits and education. Case management services include talking with parent about their needs and the needs of their children, referrals to community services that can help the parents and their children and helping parents get needed education, services and supplies. Benefits of PPI services include:
- Improving birth outcomes, parenting skills and home environment
- Increased access to community resources
- Reduced risk of parental substance misuse
- Promoting parent–child bonding and engagement in reproductive health and well-child visits
Who Is Eligible for PPI Services?
- Pregnant or postpartum women who have, or are at risk for having, a substance use disorder
- Women referred by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services with children under age 6
- Texas residents
How Do I Get PPI Services?
Call your local outreach, screening, assessment and referral center, local mental health authority or local behavioral health authority.