The statewide Alternatives to Abortion program promotes childbirth and provides support services to pregnant women and adoptive parents.
- Counseling and mentoring
- Care coordination for prenatal services, including connecting clients to health programs
- Educational materials and information about pregnancy and parenting (brochures, pamphlets, books and electronic tools)
- Referrals to county and social service programs such as child care, transportation, housing and state and federal benefit programs
- Classes on life skills, budgeting, parenting, stress management, job training, job placement and getting a GED certificate
- Material items such as car seats, cribs, maternity clothes, infant diapers and formula
- Support groups in maternity homes
Who Is Eligible?
The program is available to any Texas resident who is a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant and is:
- A pregnant woman
- The biological father of an unborn child
- The biological parent of a child 36 months or younger
- The adoptive parent(s)
- A program participant who has experienced the loss of a child
- A parent or legal guardian of a pregnant child who is a program client
How Do I Apply?
Contact a HHS contracted service provider.
Texas Pregnancy Care Network