HHS provides services to Texas women such as preventing unintended pregnancies, nurturing healthier pregnancies, fighting domestic violence, and taking care of children. Texans also can apply for insurance for their children through Children's Health Insurance Program and Medicaid.
- Alternatives to Abortion program provides low-income pregnancy women with pregnancy and parenting information and supports.
- Healthy Texas Women offers women’s health and family planning services at no cost to eligible, low-income women such as woman’s health exams, health screenings, and birth control. They also provide breast and cervical cancer screening to qualified women.
- Texas Nurse-Family Partnership pairs registered nurses with low-income, first-time mothers to improve prenatal care and provide one-on-one education and counseling, focusing on child development.
- Texas Pregnancy Care Network providers can offer support, referrals to community resources, counseling and mentoring.
- Women, Infants and Children Program is a health and nutrition program that help improve the diets of infants and children as well as pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women.
The public comment period for the "So You're Pregnant, Now What?" booklet has ended.
After the comments have been reviewed, the updated booklet will be posted on this page, and stakeholders will be notified through email. The booklet will be available in English and Spanish.
If you have questions, email SYPNW@hhsc.state.tx.us. To be added to the email distribution list, please include “Add Me” in the subject line.