Mental health is as important as physical health. HHS works with local mental health authorities to coordinate a network of statewide, regional and local providers for mental health and substance abuse services. HHS has substance abuse treatment and prevention programs and works with community partners to offer even more services to people struggling with addition.
- MentalHealthTx.org provides information, resources and direction to Texans who might have mental health-related needs or who want to support someone who does.
- The Office of Mental Health Coordination provides oversight for public mental health policy in Texas and is responsible for coordinating the policy and delivery of mental health services throughout the state.
- Speak Your Mind Texas offers resources to Texans who have mental illness and their family and friends who want to support them.
- DSHS can help you find help with substance abuse problems for yourself or a loved one.
- Substance abuse services search
- Texas System of Care for Children's Mental Health is a network of community organizations that provide services and supports for families with children or youth that have mental health difficulties or other behavioral challenges.
- The Texas Veterans + Family Alliance Grant Program supports community mental health programs providing services and treatment to veterans and military families.
- Yes Quit has tips and resources that can help you give up tobacco once and for all.