The Pink Book, newly retitled the Texas Medicaid and CHIP Reference Guide, provides an overview of the Texas Medicaid and CHIP programs. This 12th edition underwent a complete redesign, with five new chapters targeted at answering central questions about Texas Medicaid/CHIP:
- Chapter 1: Who can get Medicaid/CHIP and how can they get it?
- Chapter 2: What are the programs and services available to Texans?
- Chapter 3: How does HHSC make sure clients get good care?
- Chapter 4: What are the financial features of Medicaid/CHIP?
- Chapter 5: What is Medicaid/CHIP's governing framework?
12th Edition, December 2018
- Complete 12th edition in PDF format
- Introduction, Quick Facts, and all chapters
- Glossary and acknowledgements
11th Edition, February 2017
- Download the complete 11th edition in PDF format
- Cover page, acknowledgements, data sources, forward, table of contents
- Chapter 1: Medicaid and CHIP Basics
- Chapter 2: Medicaid and CHIP in Context
- Chapter 3: Eligibility
- Chapter 4: Beneficiaries
- Chapter 5: Benefit Basics
- Chapter 6: Services for Women and Children
- Chapter 7: Long-Term Services and Supports
- Chapter 8: Behavioral Health Services
- Chapter 9: Prescription Drugs
- Chapter 10: CHIP and CHIP Perinatal
- Chapter 11: Fee-for-Service and Managed Care
- Chapter 12: Operations and Support
- Chapter 13: Administration
- Chapter 14: Finances
- Chapter 15: The 1115 Transformation Waiver
- Appendix A: Key Medicaid and CHIP Legislation
- Appendix B: Medicaid and CHIP Service Areas
- Appendix C: 1115 Transformation Waiver Regions
- Appendix D: Managed Care History in Texas
- Appendix E: Managed Care Quality Assurance Reports
- Appendix F: Texas Medicaid Waivers
- Appendix G: Medicaid Expenditure History FFYs 1987-2015
Email questions to MedicaidChipCommunication@hhsc.state.tx.us.