Kidney Health Care is a statewide program that helps Texans with end-stage renal disease pay for their treatment, including:
- Dialysis treatments
- Access surgery
- Travel to transplant or dialysis services
- Medicare premiums
Where Can I Get Services?
You can get KHC services at:
- Dialysis facilities
Covered services are limited to KHC-participating providers.
Who Is Eligible for Services?
The program is available to anyone who:
- Lives in Texas
- Has an income less than $60,000 per year
- Has a diagnosis of end-stage renal disease from a licensed doctor
- Gets regular dialysis treatments or has had a kidney transplant
- Meets Medicare’s definition of end-stage renal disease
- Isn’t eligible for Medicaid medical, drug or travel benefits
How Do I Apply for Services?
You must first visit a KHC-participating outpatient dialysis facility, hospital or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs facility. Facility social workers are available to help with the process.
Your social worker must send us the following:
- Form 3035, Kidney Health Care Application
- Form 3057, Kidney Health Care Physician Assessment
- CMS 2728, Medical Evidence Report (PDF)
- Required facts
- Proof of residency
- Proof of income
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of Social Security number
Kidney Health Care Program no longer requires original signatures on the KHC client application and is now able to accept applications and supporting materials by fax or mail.
KHC now accepts applications by email at KHC_Apply@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Fax Number: 512-206-3982 (for application submission only)
Get Email Updates
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time
Monday through Friday
Austin Area Local Phone
General Fax Number
Kidney Health Care
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347