Medicaid CHIP COVID-19 Information Sessions
Hear about the actions taken to implement federal flexibilities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including the 1135, Appendix K and 1115 options. Learn more.
This page provides information on flexibilities that may be requested of providers and how they can best assist those impacted by the coronavirus.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as it becomes available. Check back often for the latest details and what providers need to know about COVID‑19. See also the DSHS website for the latest developments on COVID‑19.
Behavioral Health Services
HHSC is working to provide guidance and support during this health crisis and is working diligently to address concerns and questions. Behavioral Health Services is maintaining a COVID-19 Provider Issues Management Log and FAQ document to respond and support providers. Check this website frequently for updated information.
Medicaid and CHIP Services
Visit the Medicaid & CHIP Services page for more program specific COVID-19 information.
HHS regulated providers can self-report incidents affecting resident health/safety, including issues related to COVID-19, online to the Health and Human Services Commission or by calling 1-800-458-9858.
- Incidents Submission Portal for Long-term Care providers
- Incidents Submission Portal for Health Care Quality providers
- Attestation for Free COVID-19 Testing Kits for ALF, HCSSA, ICF/IID and NF Providers (PDF)
- Questions and Answers from Long-term Care Facebook Live Discussions Hosted by Sen. Zaffirini (PDF)
- Expanded Visitation in Nursing Homes HHSC and CMS Guidance Table (PDF)
- Expanded Visitation in Texas Long-term Care Facilities (PDF)
- Additional Reopening Guidance to Child Care Providers (PDF)
- COVID-19 Response for Home and Community-based Services Residential Providers (PDF)
- COVID-19 Response Plans for ALFs (PDF)
- Nursing Facility COVID-19 Response Plan Guidance (PDF)
- HHSC Reminds Long-term Care Providers to Check for Updated COVID-19 Guidance (PDF)
- COVID-19 Response for ICF/IIDs (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccination-Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care (PDF)
- Nursing Facility COVID-19 Expansion of Reopening Visitation Emergency Rule (PDF)
- Nursing Facility CMS-Mandated COVID-19 Testing FAQs (PDF)
- ICF/IID COVID-19 Expansion of Reopening Visitation Emergency Rule (PDF)
- ICF/IID COVID-19 Response Emergency Rule (PDF)
- Nursing Facility COVID-19 Response Emergency Rule (PDF)
- Assisted Living Facility COVID-19 Response Expansion of Reopening Visitation Emergency Rule (PDF)
- Assisted Living Facility COVID-19 Response Emergency Rule (PDF)
- Coronavirus Visitation Resource for ALFs and NFs (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Child Care Regulation Background Checks (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Guidance for Open Day Care Operations (PDF)
- DAHS COVID-19 Emergency Rules (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for DAHS facilities (PDF)
- DAHS COVID-19 Response Plan (PDF)
- DAHS Infection Control Checklist (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Home Community-based Services and Texas Home Living (PDF)
- HCSSA COVID-19 Emergency Rules (PDF)
- Inpatient Hospice COVID-19 Response – Reopening Visitation Emergency Rules (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Inpatient Hospice Facilities (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for ICF/IIDs (PDF)
- Nursing Facility COVID-19 Testing Reimbursement FAQs (PDF)
- Nursing Facility COVID-19 Testing Frequently Asked Questions #2 (PDF)
- Nursing Facility Testing Frequently Asked Questions #1 (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Nursing Facilities (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Opioid Treatment Programs (PDF)
- PPECC COVID-19 Emergency Rule (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for PPECCs (PDF)
- COVID-19: Questions and Answers Regarding Facemasks and Respirators (PDF)
Shelter-in-Place and Stay-at-Home Orders for HHSC Providers, Vendors and Contractors
HHSC Provider, Vendor and Provider Contractor Guidance for Shelter-in-Place and Stay-at-Home Orders
All mission-essential workers for HHSC, providers, vendors and contractors whose work cannot be performed through teleworking must continue to report to their work or duty stations, including in areas where local government authorities have issued shelter-in-place or stay-at-home orders. It is critical that workers for HHSC providers, vendors and contractors continue to provide the life-sustaining and lifesaving care and benefits our clients need. It is equally critical that HHSC providers, vendors and contractors provide their workers with a safe and healthy environment in which to work. To protect those workers reporting to HHSC offices and facilities, the agency is requiring additional efforts to sanitize workspaces, implement CDC social distancing measures, and limit face-to-face interaction with clients and patients as much as possible through temporary measures, such as waiving certain interview processes and prohibiting visitors to HHSC-operated and licensed facilities.
For more specific guidance, please contact the particular HHSC program or department your services involve.
- Special Issues in SNFs & NFs During the COVID-19 Pandemic Webinar
- Strategies to Mitigate Healthcare Personnel Staffing Shortages
- Infection Control Basics: Personal Protective Equipment Webinar
- Information for Hospitals & Healthcare Professionals
- Provider and Information Letters
- Resources from the Department of Family and Protective Services
- Coronavirus Resources from the Department of Family and Protective Services
- Proper N95 Respirator Use for Respiratory Protection Preparedness
- Helping Residents with Dementia Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 in LTC Communities (PDF)
- Helping Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Related Conditions Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 (PDF)