This publication was designed for people who want to improve employment outcomes for people with disabilities including Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) employees, contracted case managers and service coordinators, service providers, and people who receive DADS services and their families. Click here to view the publication in PDF format.
While some parts of the guide focus on employment services programs, the rest applies to all DADS program participants. As such, all stakeholders are encouraged to use it.
- Recommended roles and responsibilities at each stage of a job search
- Strategies for overcoming the transportation obstacle
- Tools and guidance for coordinating services with the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- Index of DADS rules related to employment supports
- Information about Medicaid Buy-In, and other ways to maintain needed services while working
- Description of Social Security Administration work incentives
Other DADS Resources include: