People with disabilities have much to offer employers and their communities. HHSC works with employers to match them with job applicants with disabilities who can add value to a business as they live the life they want.
HHSC will provide a series of free, one-day workshops on our Employment First Training program:
Who Should Attend
Staff who support individuals who have set employment as a goal, providers of waiver services, service coordinators, case managers, LIDDAs, professional and direct care staff.
Advocates, service recipients, families, guardians and anyone interested in employment services for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities are welcome to attend.
- Texas Employment First Policy.
- Employment services in Medicaid waivers, including billable services and billing information.
- How Medicaid waiver employment services and Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services works.
- Overview of Social Security Administration disability benefits.
- HCBS settings rule changes.
- HHS Employment Recruitment Coordinator Project and Employment Initiatives.
Goal of This Training
Increasing job opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This training is for anyone who wants a better understanding of how Employment Services work. Everyone is welcome.
- 1915c Waiver Employment Billing Guidelines and Payment Rates (PDF)
- 1915c Waiver Employment Billing Guidelines and Payment Rates (PowerPoint)
- Benefits and Work Incentives Planning Supports and Services (PDF)
- Benefits and Work Incentives Planning Supports and Services (PowerPoint)
- Employment First and HCBS (PDF)
- Employment First and HCBS (PowerPoint)
- HHSC Employment Recruitment (PDF)
- HHSC Employment Recruitment (PowerPoint)
- Making the Funding Work (PDF)
- Making the Funding Work (PowerPoint)
- Waiver Employment Assistance and Supported Employment (PDF)
- Waiver Employment Assistance and Supported Employment (PowerPoint)
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There will be a special one-hour session for administrators, mangers and leadership from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. This special session will tell you how to make Employment First work for your agencies.
Register for a Course Near You
Registration isn't restricted to the training location attached to your LIDDA. You can to attend any training regardless of your LIDDA location.
For questions, email Nehtra.Davis2@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Oct. 16, Kerrville
Host LIDDA: Hill Country
Upper Guadalupe River Authority
125 Lehmann Drive
Kerrville, TX, 78028
Oct. 17, Pearsall
Host LIDDA: Camino Real Community Services
Pearsall Public Library
200 East Trinity
Pearsall, TX, 78061
Oct. 22 and Oct. 23, San Antonio
Host LIDDA: Alamo Area Council of Governments
AACOG - Suite 160
8700 Tesoro Drive
San Antonio, TX, 78217
Oct. 30, Lufkin
Host LIDDA: Burke Center
Angelina Mental Health Clinic
1522 West Frank Avenue
Lufkin, TX, 75904
Nov. 7, Weslaco
Host LIDDA: Tropical Texas
2215 West Business 83
Weslaco, TX, 78596
Dec. 5, McKinney
Host LIDDA: Life Path
LifePath Systems Boardroom
1515 Heritage Drive
McKinney, Texas 75069