The Division for Blind Services Transition Program assists young people who are blind or visually impaired to make an effective transition from secondary school to adult life and the world of work. The program prepares these young consumers who are at least 10 years old and under the age of 24 and who may have multiple disabilities to make informed decisions about their future goals. Consumers and their families are provided with:
- opportunities for career exploration
- opportunities to gain work experience while in high school
- feedback about the consumer's current academic, vocational, and independent living skills
- training in skills needed to achieve their goals and
- adaptive tools to achieve their goals.
Where can I apply for services or get more information?
For information on any Division for Blind Services program or to apply for services, contact any DBS office located throughout Texas. To find the nearest office, check the DBS Offices in Your Area feature on this web site or call the Division for Blind Services at 1-800-628-5115.
Offices can also be located by checking the government "blue pages" in your local phone book.