Do you live in a nursing home, state supported living center or a large community intermediate care facility (ICF/IID)? §Would you like to live in your own home again? Do you have a child with a disability who is unable to live at home?

How to Get Started

If you live in a nursing home

If you want to leave the nursing home, talk to a social worker or ombudsman where you live. You also can call DADS at 1-800-458-9858.

If you qualify, you may be able to move out of where you now live and back into the community without having to have your name put on an interest list.

You may get help paying for the things you need to get started:

  • Security deposits
  • Utilities
  • Household items
  • Pest removal
  • Allergen control
  • One-time cleaning

If You Live in a Large Community ICF/IID

Contact your caseworker. He or she will schedule a meeting with the right people.

If You Live in a State Supported Living Center

Contact your qualified developmental disabilities professional. He or she will schedule a meeting with the right people.

Children With Disabilities

If your child, who is under 22, can't live with you, DADS can help find a safe, caring family for him or her to live with. The child and his or her parents or guardians help decide what they want. A plan is made for the child. It is §reviewed every six months.

Where Do I Call to Get These Services?

Please click here to find your local intake office, area agency on aging, local authority, or aging and disability resource center. You can search by city, county or ZIP code.

What You Need to Know

Click here to find out other things you need to know about getting help from DADS, including the application process, your rights and interest lists.