Are you alone during the day? Would you like to spend time with others? Would you like to learn new skills?

Who Can Get help?

People Who Are Older or Who Have Physical Disabilities

Whether you live by yourself or you stay by yourself when your family goes to work, you don't have to be alone. If you attend a daytime program, sometimes called adult day care, you can have fun, learn and be with others. You also may get help with some tasks, such as taking medicine.

Some senior centers and churches offer programs just for seniors. Others are for all ages. Some are purely social.

People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities

There are many programs that can help you get, keep or improve your skills so you can live successfully in the community. These programs are sometimes called day habilitation programs.

Where Do I Call to Get These Services?

Please click here to find your local intake office, area agency on aging, local authority, or aging and disability resource center. You can search by city, county or ZIP code.

Other Things You Need to Know

Click here to find out other things you need to know about getting help from DADS, including the application process, your rights and interest lists.