Revision 08-1; Effective April 14, 2008
The following changes were made:
||A Referral to Guardianship Contractor’s Procedures
- adds new policies and procedures for developing, reviewing and processing referral packets for new referrals;
- adds policy for the contractors to request extensions for filing applications for guardianship; and
- updates policy about closing referred cases in the Inventory Management for Protecting Adults and Children in Texas (IMPACT) for DADS regional staff.
||Referral of Wards for Successor Guardianship
- adds new policies and procedures for developing, reviewing and processing referral packets for successor guardianship;
- adds policy for the contractors to request extensions for filing applications for guardianship;
- updates the policy on the transfer of ward’s information when the contractor has been appointed the guardian;
- adds policy about the resignation of DADS as guardian;
- updates information when the regional staff close referred cases in IMPACT; and
- updates policy about closing referred cases in IMPACT.
||Protocol and Contract Monitoring Guidance
- clarifies working days versus calendar days;
- updates the following Condition Statements and Standards:
Condition Statement 1 – Standard 5 has been separated into two different standards:
- Standard 5 – a system for tracking complaints; and
- Standard 6 – processes for responding to crisis.
Condition Statement 2 – deletes the regional supervisor for standards and replaces it with the DADS Oversight and Community Support (OCS) contract manager.
Condition Statement 4 – all standards have been modified to address legislative requirements regarding the qualifications of case managers and criminal background checks.
Condition Statement 7 – clarifies the time frames for filing applications for guardianship, deletes the regional supervisor and replaces it with the DADS OCS contract manager.
Condition Statement 8 – adds a new standard for securing file marked or certified copies of all legal documents.
Condition Statement 9 – adds a new standard for securing file marked or certified copies of all legal documents.
||Protocol and Contract Monitoring Guidance for Readiness Reviews
||New section adds policy regarding the readiness review, which determines the contractor’s readiness for a compliance monitoring review. Readiness reviews are conducted for new guardianship contractors before the initial annual compliance review.
||Contracting Standards for Monitoring Reviews
||Refer to Section 4000, Protocol and Contract Monitoring Guidance, for changes in this section.
Additional references and information have been added throughout the appendix and to the Additional Guidance column. Language has been changed throughout to bring the content into active voice.
- adds a box to include the date the referral was sent to the contractor; and
- corrects the abbreviation for ICF/MR.
||New form used in developing the referral packets for new and successor guardianship referrals. Refer to Sections 1000 and 2000.