Appendix G: Funding Sources for Texas ECI
DARS Division for Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) has:
- State General Revenue (GR Match, GR Certified, Respite)
- IDEA Part C
- IDEA Part B
- Foundation School Funds (FSF)
These feed into the local community based contracted ECI providers, which consist of private non-profits, community centers, school districts, education service centers, and other centers.
Funding sources include:
- TMHP (TCM, SST, Therapies for children with SSI)
- Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC)
- Medicaid Managed Care (Therapies, evaluations, nutrition, behavioural health)
- Family Out-of-Pocket
- Third-Party Payers (CHIP, Private Insurance, TRICARE)
- Other Funding Sources (City/County, United Way, Foundations, In-Kind, etc.)
Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) goes to Texas Education Agency (TEA) through IDEA Part B and Foundation Schools Funds (FSF), which goes to DARS Early Childhood Intervention (ECI). OSEP also goes directly to DARS through IDEA Part C.
State Legislature Appropriations go to DARS ECI and to Texas HHSC directly. DARS ECI and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) also go to Texas HHSC. Texas HHSC goes to the TMHP funding source.
Index of Acronyms
DARS - Department of Assistive and Rehabilative Services
HHSC - Health and Human Services Commission
IDEA - Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
TANF - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
TCM - Targeted Case Management
TMHP - Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership
SST - Specialized Skills Training