The provider must identify the person or persons serving as the governing body of the facility and directing the facility’s general policy, budget, and operation.
The provider’s facility must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and codes pertaining to health, safety, and sanitation. The provider must have a plan to ensure that continuing attention is provided to the safety and health of the staff members, the participants, and the visiting public.
The plan must include:
- quarterly fire drills for each shift of personnel;
- procedures for following in emergencies and disasters (such as, fire, severe weather, or when a participant is missing);
- emergency exit diagrams;
- procedures for getting emergency medical services from a doctor, hospital, or emergency medical service unit; and
- special procedures for participants with disabilities who require particular attention or action, including those whose behavior may be detrimental to his or her own or to others health, safety, or successful program completion.
The provider must develop a form for reporting incidents and a system for reporting and responding to incidents. The incident report form must include:
- the date, time, and place of the incident;
- the nature of incident;
- the names of CRS participants, witnesses, or others involved;
- the name of the person making the report;
- a description of the incident; and
- any actions taken and planned by the provider because of the incident.
Upon request, the provider must make copies of incident reports pertinent to CRS participants available to CRS program staff members.
The following incidents must be reported to CRS at the time of the incident to CRS_Program@hhsc.state.tx.us or eFax at 512-206-3981:
- the use of emergency medical services;
- treatment at an emergency room;
- allegations of abuse, neglect, or exploitation involving a CRS participant;
- injuries involving a CRS participant;
- participant substance abuse;
- inappropriate behavior(s) that may result in participant being removed or dismissed from the facility;
- elopement; or