Review with the consumer the extent of his or her agreement to pay for the cost of services.
Services exempt from consumer cost participation include:
- an assessment to determine the consumer’s eligibility for services;
- an assessment to determine the consumer’s rehabilitation needs, including associated maintenance and transportation;
- rehabilitation-related counseling and guidance and referral for other services;
- personal assistance services; and
- any auxiliary aid or service (for example, interpreter services) that a consumer with a disability requires to participate in the CRS program.
Exception: Consumers eligible for Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Disability Income because of a disability are exempt from required cost participation. In addition, do not apply payment limitations. However, you must apply policy regarding use of comparable services and benefits.