The role of the medical services technician (MST) is to perform advanced and complex technical support work using ReHabWorks to help the medical service coordinator (MSC) provide medical services to a consumer while establishing and maintaining appropriate business relationships with providers, consumers, and CRS program staff members.
The duties of an MST include:
- providing information on the CRS program and services;
- supporting the MSC in the delivery of services;
- providing courtesy budget management;
- purchasing goods;
- monitoring consumer purchasing and using best business practices, as outlined in the CRS monitoring plan;
- providing advanced levels of caseload management assistance to the MSC;
- using automated systems; and
- handling and safeguarding confidential information.