A phase adjustment is a ReHabWorks (RHW) process that changes a closed case with a completed Individualized Written Rehabilitation Plan (IWRP) back to an active case.
Phase adjustments must be used only when the:
- case was closed either successfully or unsuccessfully after the IWRP was signed;
- initial closure date is within the current federal fiscal year; and
- date the case returned to active status is within the current federal fiscal year.
Note: A federal fiscal year begins October 1 and ends September 30.
Closure after IWRP Is Returned to Active Status
To request and complete a phase adjustment to change a case from a closed status after an IWRP is signed back to an active status, use the procedure outlined below.
- reviews the case and gathers information from the consumer to ensure that a phase adjustment is appropriate;
- selects the Phase Adjustment Request tab from within the case file in RHW;
- selects the Save tab to set the approval status to pending and to generate an action for the area manager in RHW; and
- documents the justification for the phase adjustment in the case note that automatically opens in RHW when the Phase Adjustment request is saved.
The CRS manager:
- reviews and approves or denies the phase adjustment request in RHW by selecting the Phase Adjustment Approval tab from within the case file in RHW;
- documents the approval or nonapproval of the decision for the phase adjustment in a case note in RHW; and
- notifies the counselor that the phase adjustment was approved or denied.