Before closing a CRS counseling and guidance-only case as successful, confirm that the consumer has received one or more of the following treatments as a comparable benefit or an arranged service, from:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury (TSCI) inpatient hospitalization;
- TBI or TSCI outpatient services; and/or
- TBI or TSCI Post-acute rehabilitation injury (PARS) rehabilitation services.
If counseling and guidance is the only service provided for CRS, explicitly document in the case file that:
- the consumer received counseling and guidance;
- the counseling and guidance helped the consumer function more independently in terms of mobility, self-care, and/or communication; and
- the counseling and guidance helped the consumer and the consumer’s family to:
- select and/or maintain suitable, realistic independent living goals;
- select suitable treatment providers and use comparable services and benefits;
- adjust to treatment, as circumstances required; and/or
- access relevant support services.