§58.1 What is the purpose of this chapter?
This chapter establishes the requirements for provider agencies contracting to provide services to eligible clients through the Texas Department of Human Services (DHS) Special Services to Persons with Disabilities (SSPD) Program.
§58.3 What do certain words and terms in this chapter mean?
The following words and terms in this chapter have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) 24-Hour Shared Attendant Care — A clustered living arrangement that has attendant care available to clients on a 24-hour basis.
(2) Adult day care facility — A facility licensed by the Texas Department of Human Services (DHS) Long Term Care Regulatory (LTCR) under the Human Resources Code, Chapter 103.
(3) Attendant Care — Non-skilled services provided by an unlicensed person, which include personal care, housekeeping, supervision, meal preparation, and escort.
(4) Client — A client, as defined in Chapter 48 of this title (relating to Community Care for Aged and Disabled), who is eligible to receive services under this chapter.
(5) Community Care for Aged and Disabled (CCAD) — A group of DHS programs that provides a variety of state-funded and Title XIX-funded community-based services.
(6) Contract — The formal, written agreement between DHS and a provider agency to provide services to DHS clients eligible under this chapter in exchange for reimbursement.
(7) Contract manager — A DHS employee who is responsible for the overall management of the contract with the provider agency.
(8) Days — Any reference to days means calendar days, unless otherwise specified in the text. Calendar days include weekends and holidays.
(9) DHS — The Texas Department of Human Services.
(10) Director — The provider agency employee who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the agency.
(11) Provider agency — An entity that contracts with DHS to provide Special Services to Persons with Disabilities (SSPD) services. Any reference to provider agency means the following, unless otherwise specified in the text:
(A) a home and community support services agency licensed by DHS LTCR under the Health and Safety Code, Chapter 142;
(B) an adult day care facility; or
(C) any other legal entity described in the procedures developed in the DHS region where SSPD services are provided.
(12) Special Services to Persons with Disabilities (SSPD) — A program for CCAD clients that is designed to assist clients in:
(A) developing the skills needed to remain in the community as independently as possible; and
(B) achieve habilitative or re-habilitative goals.
(13) Staff — A provider agency employee or volunteer who provides direct care services to a client.