When consumer purchases are delivered to a CRS program office, process the deliveries the same way other administrative deliveries are processed. A CRS program staff member follows the procedure below.
Before accepting the delivery:
- verify that the shipment is addressed to the appropriate office;
- inspect the shipping packages for any visible damage; and
- ensure that the shipment contains the correct number of packages as stated on the shipping documentation.
Acknowledge the shipment by signing the shipping document if the shipment:
- appears undamaged;
- matches the quantity on the shipping document; and
- is correctly addressed to the receiving CRS program office.
Assess and document the shipment status in a ReHabWorks case note.
If the shipment appears damaged but the damage seems minor:
- accept the shipment, noting the number of damaged packages on the shipping document; or
- refuse the shipment, noting that the refusal is due to damages to the shipment.
If the damage is or appears to be severe:
- refuse the shipment, noting the refusal and the damages on the shipping document; and
- notify the vendor and the caseload carrying staff of the damaged shipment.
Do not accept collect or cash on delivery (COD) deliveries or deliveries made to the wrong office. If a vendor erroneously ships collect or COD, refuse the shipment.
If goods or services do not meet the appropriate conditions listed above, initiate corrections. When the goods or services meet the conditions, document their receipt in ReHabWorks.