Only licensed professional engineers may provide rehabilitation engineering services. Consider using an engineer's services when the service includes design or modification of a product.

Before you commit CRS funds, it is important to reach an understanding with the provider about price and delivery. For rehabilitation engineering services provided before plan development, use the following specification levels:

  • Level 1—Evaluation Services
  • Level 2—Other Evaluation Services
  • Level 3—Other Evaluation Services
  • Level 4—Other Evaluation Services

Consult with the CRS central office program specialist to gather information about providers from whom the CRS program has purchased services, and to help when problems are encountered.