Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
Consumer Managed Personal Attendant Services (CMPAS) provides personal attendant services (PAS) to individuals with physical disabilities who are willing and able to supervise the attendant. Individuals interview, hire, train, supervise and release their attendants. The contract agencies determine individual eligibility, the amount of attendant care needed, develop a pool of potential attendants and provide emergency backup attendant capability.
Services through this project are available to a limited number of individuals.
The maximum number of hours an individual may receive varies by contract and is dependent upon the contracted unit rate. The cost cannot exceed the case mix weighted nursing facility rate. The current rate can be determined by contacting the contract manager at the local Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) office.
To be eligible, the individual must:
- be 18 years or older.
- have a physician's statement that the physical disability is permanent or is expected to last for at least six months from the date of intake. If the disability is not expected to be permanent, the physician's statement must specify the expected duration of the disability.
- not receive the following DADS community care services: Community Based Alternatives, Primary Home Care, Family Care, Assisted Living, Adult Foster Care, Special Services to Persons with Disabilities or Residential Care while receiving PAS through this program.
- need assistance with at least one personal care task (bathing, dressing, grooming, transfer, ambulation, exercising, toileting, feeding or meal preparation).
- need at least five hours of PAS per week.
- be mentally and emotionally capable of self-directing attendant care or have a relative or friend willing to share responsibility for directing the care.
- reside in one of the geographical areas described below.
In some regions, the CMPAS provider takes referrals for the CMPAS interest list. In other regions, the referral is taken by regional office staff. In either case, all names are entered into the Community Services Interest List by regional staff. The regional contract manager releases names from the interest list as funding is available.
CMPAS services are available in the following counties:
|Region 01:||Region 03:||Region 05:||Region 06:|
Jefferson Nacogdoches Newton
San Augustine San Jacinto Shelby
|Region 07:||Region 08:||Region 10:||Region 11:|