2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
The applicant must
- complete Form 3909, Interpreter Performance Test Application;
- attach the following items to the form:
- a copy of a valid photo ID or driver’s license;
- an official college transcript for an associate degree or for 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university; and
- a check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to DARS DHHS for the designated fee; and
- mail the form with the attachments to DARS DHHS at least 60 calendar days before a scheduled test date.
Current BEI certificate holders who are applying to upgrade their certification level are exempt from the educational requirement, but are required to pass the TEP.
An application does not guarantee a request for an appointment on a specified day, location, or time. Appointments are given on a first-come, first-served basis, and requests for dates and locations cannot always be accommodated. The DARS DHHS staff member contacts applicants when necessary to arrange alternate testing dates.
When DARS DHHS receives and processes the application form, a DARS DHHS staff member
- sends a letter to the applicant to acknowledge receipt of the form and fees, and
- provides information about scheduling an appointment for testing.