Downloading a Form to Your Computer
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
In the Home and Community-based Services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) waiver programs, the Individual Plan of Care (IPC) Cover Sheet must be completed when the waiver program provider is required to submit the IPC to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), Utilization Management and Review, IDD Waivers Program Enrollment/Utilization Review (PE/UR) unit for approval. This must be done when:
- the IPC exceeds the average cost per capita of the Intermediate Care Facility/Intellectual Disability (ICF/ID) program;
- the IPC exceeds the 200% of average cost per capita of the ICF/ID program;
- the cost exceeds the authorized amount;
- the provider has determined that it cannot ensure an individual's health, safety, and welfare in the provision of a service(s) because the individual has refused a comprehensive nursing assessment; or
- PE requests the submission of the IPC for review.
The Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) service coordinator for the TxHmL program and the program provider for the HCS program complete all information on the IPC Cover Sheet and submit to HHSC with documentation justifying the services.
Program Type: (check one) — Mark the appropriate box to indicate the type of program.
Provider Name — Enter the name of the program provider.
Component Code — Enter the program provider component code.
Contract No. — Enter the contract number for the program provider.
Provider Contact Information
Provider Contact — Enter the name of the person who will act as the contact for the program provider. The provider contact should be someone who can answer questions about the action being requested.
Area Code and Telephone No. — Enter the area code and telephone number for the person who will act as the contact for the program provider.
Fax Area Code and Telephone No. — Enter the fax area code and telephone number for the person who will act as the contact for the program provider.
Email Address — Enter the email address of the program provider contact.
LIDDA Name — Enter the name of the LIDDA.
Component Code — Enter the LIDDA component code.
LIDDA Service Coordinator Contact Information
LIDDA Service Coordinator — Enter the name of the service coordinator who will act as the contact for the LIDDA.
Area Code and Telephone No. — Enter the area code and telephone number of the service coordinator.
Fax Area Code and Telephone No. — Enter the fax area code and telephone number for the service coordinator.
Email Address — Enter the email address of the LIDDA service coordinator.
Individual's Last Name — Enter the individual's last name.
Individual's First Name — Enter the individual's first name.
CARE ID No. — Enter the individual's Client Assignment and REgistration (CARE) system identification number.
Medicaid No. — Enter the individual's Medicaid number.
Local Case No. — Enter the individual's local case number with the program provider.
Date of Birth — Enter the individual's date of birth.
Age — Enter the individual's age.
Indicate IPC Review (check one) — Mark the box for the applicable IPC type: Renewal, Revision, PE/UR Request or Transfer (Program Provider or Consumer Directed Services option).
IPC Revision Date (from C62) of the IPC Review Requested Above — Enter the date the IPC began or will begin. For a revision or a transfer, the begin date will be the date the IPC services will change or be effective or the date the transfer is effective. If the IPC in question is a renewal, the begin date will be the date the IPC renewal is effective. For renewals, C62 will indicate the begin and revision date as the same.
IPC Begin Date — Enter the date the IPC began or will begin.
IPC End Date — Enter the date the IPC ends or will end.
Does any correspondence sent to the legally authorized representative (LAR) or individual need to be translated to another language? — Mark the appropriate box and indicate the language needed, if other than English. The program provider must update the individual's and LAR's address in CARE when it changes.
Instructions to HCS Provider or TxHmL LA Service Coordinator when cost is exceeded
The HCS program provider or TxHmL LA service coordinator will:
- document the need for the increased service(s);
- submit an IPC packet to the HHSC PE/UR unit that includes the IPC Cover Sheet, a copy of the IPC indicating the revised amounts, documentation justifying the services, and any additional supporting documentation;
- ensure the IPC revision reflecting the requested service increase/change is entered in the CARE system;
- maintain the individual's and LAR's contact information current in the CARE screens C12 and C20, respectively; and
- check CARE screen C62 to view the IPC authorization.
Instructions to be followed when the program provider has determined that it cannot ensure an individual's health, safety, and welfare in the provision of a service(s) because the individual has refused a comprehensive nursing assessment:
As appropriate to the situation, the HCS program provider for an HCS participant, the service coordinator for an applicant enrolling in HCS, or the TxHmL service coordinator will:
- document the discussion with the individual/LAR of the necessity for a comprehensive nursing assessment;
- complete Form 8599 selecting the option "Program Enrollment/Utilization Review (PE/UR) Request";
- fax the completed form to HHSC at 512-438-4249, along with:
- the hard copy of the existing IPC;
- documentation of the discussion with the individual/LAR of the necessity for a comprehensive nursing assessment; and
- the provider's written notification to the individual/LAR stating the reasons the provider has determined it cannot ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the individual in the delivery of the specific HCS service(s) identified by the provider due to the individual's refusal of a comprehensive nursing assessment.
HHSC PE/UR will:
- review the documentation submitted by the program provider or TxHmL LIDDA service coordinator;
- ensure that non-waiver resources have been utilized as appropriate and available (for example, Texas Health Steps (THSteps)/Comprehensive Care Program (CCP) and/or school for nursing, dental, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech, etc.);
- request additional information from the program provider or TxHmL LIDDA service coordinator, if necessary;
- approve, reduce or deny the requested service;
- authorize an amount for the individual's IPC; and
- if services are reduced or denied, mail a certified letter to the individual/LAR informing them of the opportunity for a fair hearing. Copies of the letter will also be sent to the program provider and the service coordinator.