Downloading a Form to Your Computer
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
Before completing the Self-Assessment Certification form, the applicant must read and identify how the entity will implement and comply with the TxHmL Certification Principles outlined in 40 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Subchapter N, §§9.578-9.580.
Legal Entity Name — Enter the legal entity name, which is the name the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) will contract with once all enrollment criteria have been met by the applicant. The legal entity may be one of the following:
- Sole Proprietorship — A business or financial venture carried on by a single person that is not a trust or corporation.
- General Partnership — A contract of two or more competent persons to place their money, effects, labor and skill, or some or all of them, in lawful commerce or business, and to divide the profit and bear the loss in certain proportions.
- Limited Partnership — An entity in which one or more persons with unlimited liability manages the partnership, while one or more other persons only contributes capital.
- Corporation — An association of shareholders (or even a single shareholder) created under law and regarded as an artificial person by courts, having a legal entity entirely separate and distinct from the individuals who compose it, with the capacity of continuous existence or succession.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) — The limitation placed on the amount an investor of a corporation can lose resulting from a lawsuit against the corporation or other loss suffered by the corporation; the liability for losses that is limited to the amount an investor or shareholder invests in the corporation, unless that amount is determined by a court to have been fraudulently insufficient.
Doing Business As (DBA) — Enter the DBA name. A DBA is an assumed name used by entity. Note: HHSC will not contract with a DBA.
TxHmL Program Certification Principles: Review, read and understand each of the certification principles as outlined in this section of the form (40 TAC, Subchapter N, §§9.578-9.580).
Signature of Authorized Representative — After completing the sections mentioned above, the owner or an authorized representative of the legal entity must sign their full legal entity name and date the form verifying having read the certification principles and agrees to implement and comply with each of the HCS certification principles. If the legal entity is not a sole proprietorship, the authorized representative must be named on a current Form 2031, Governing Authority Resolution — Business Organization, or Form 2031-G, Governing Authority Resolution — Governmental Entity, that is on file with HHSC.