Downloading a Form to Your Computer
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
Form 4121 is used by Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) staff, Home and Community-based Services (HCS) Waiver program providers and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) to document a service claim for the Supported Home Living, Community Supports or Community First Choice (CFC) Personal Assistance Services/Habilitation (PAS/HAB) service component.
When to Prepare
Form 4121 must be completed within a reasonable time frame after billable activities have been performed for an individual by a service provider.
The program provider must maintain a copy of the completed Form 4121 in the individual's record.
- Form 4121 must be used for only one individual.
- Form 4121 must be used for only one service provider. This service provider must provide billable activities during each service claim.
- Form 4121 may be used for up to seven separate billable service claims. Each billable service claim must be entered on a separate column.
- Form 4121, or another form created for a similarly intended purpose, is considered a Medicaid document used for Medicaid purposes. As such, by using this form, you understand it is your responsibility to record accurate information, as this information may be subject to a court of law. Failure to record accurate information and/or deliberate falsification of documentation is strictly prohibited.
Individual Name — Enter the individual's name.
Local Case No./Client Assignment and Registration (CARE) System ID — Enter the individual's local case number and CARE ID number.
Staff ID No. — Enter the service provider's staff ID number.
Date of Service — Enter the date (month, day, year) that the billable activity occurred.
Begin Time — Enter the time when the billable activity started.
End Time — Enter the time when the billable activity ended.
Total Time — Enter the total number of hours and minutes for the billable activity. If multiple individuals or service providers are involved in the billable activity, the total time must be apportioned according to the HCS Billing Guidelines, TxHmL Billing Guidelines and CFC Billing Guidelines.
Location — Enter the location code (see location table at the bottom of the form) that corresponds to the place of service in which the billable activity occurred.
No. of Individuals — Enter number of individuals.
Staff Signature — The service provider who provided services during the billable activity must sign on the line that corresponds to the service event entered.
No. of Staff — Enter number of service providers.
Enter code for all services provided. — Enter all applicable service codes that correspond to activities provided by the service provider (see the tables at the bottom of the form). A minimum of one service code must be entered for a billable service claim to have occurred.
Billable Units — Enter the total billable units for the corresponding day of service.
Comments — Provide legible written documentation as needed or desired. If providing documentation, enter the date in which the billable activity occurred.
To inquire about Form 4121 or instructions, call the HHSC Billing & Payment Hotline at 512-438-5359.