Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
Form 2031-G provides a mechanism for a governmental entity to: specify an individual or individuals who may negotiate, execute, implement, maintain, amend, renew or request closure of a contract with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and notify HHSC when an authorized individual has changed.
Instructions for HHSC Staff
When to Prepare
Form 2031-G is prepared for a:
- new contract;
- change of ownership;
- Medicaid re-enrollment;
- Medicaid revalidation; and
- change of authorized individual(s).
Retain Form 2031-G in accordance with record retention requirements in the Health and Human Services System Contract Management Handbook.
Instructions for Governmental Entity Completing Form 2031-G
Complete the form by filling in the blanks with the following information:
- The official name of the governmental entity as registered with the Office of the Texas Secretary of State or, if not required to register, the legal name as established in the organic documents of the governmental entity.
- The “Doing Business As” name of the governmental entity, if applicable.
- Enter either the Taxpayer Identification Number (EIN or SSN) or the Provider Identifier Number (National Provider Identifier or Atypical Provider Identifier) of the governmental entity.
- The full, legal name(s), title(s), if any, and email address(es) of the individual(s) authorized to conduct business with HHSC on behalf of the governmental entity.
- The type of governmental entity.
- The signature of the authorizing official of the governmental entity.
- Typed or printed name and title, if any, of the authorizing official of the governmental entity.
Note: Submittal of a Form 2031-G supersedes, in its entirety, any previously submitted Form 2031-G.