Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
- To remind the TANF recipient of the requirement to apply for Social Security Administration benefits.
- To provide TANF recipients a toll free telephone number for Social Security Outreach Application Project (SSOAP) staff to provide assistance or to answer questions.
When to Prepare
Form H1860 is sent by SSOAP staff 15 days after the first cut-off following certification to TANF recipients who claim to be disabled or caring for a disabled child, who is not receiving a disability payment from SSA, accompanied with Form H1859.
Number of Copies
Give or mail one copy of Form H1860 to TANF recipients who claim to be disabled or are caring for a disabled child.
There is no retention requirement for this form.
All items on the form are self-explanatory.