2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
TANF, SNAP and Medical Programs
- To notify households when their certification period expires.
- To tell households the date by which the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) must receive Form H1010-R for it to be timely.
- To explain to clients their responsibilities for completing and submitting the renewal form.
- To tell clients to bring items needed for the interview and inform them of their rights and responsibilities, in addition to HHSC's responsibilities.
- To explain to the household how to renew their benefits.
- To advise clients who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) that they:
- may apply for recertification at the HHSC benefit office or at a Social Security office.
- are entitled to a home or telephone interview if they are unable to appoint an authorized representative.
When to Prepare
SNAP, TANF and Medicaid
- The Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System (TIERS) generates Form H1830-R to send with the renewal packet.
- TIERS pre-populates the following basic client information:
- program to be renewed,
- Eligibility Determination Group (EDG) number, and
- the date when the certification is expiring.
Form H1830-R is sent with Form H1010-R during the month before the last month of certification. The notice tells the household the date HHSC must receive the application to be timely.
TANF and TANF Level Families Medicaid
Form H1830-R is sent with Form H1010-R during the two months before the review date.
Form H1830-R is sent with Form H1010-R when the household has another Texas Works program up for renewal or recertification and it is during the fourth month of six-month certification or the 10th month of 12-month certification of a Children's Medicaid EDG.
- The form is only generated by TIERS and is mailed to the clients with Form H1010-R.
- Staff may reprint the form if a household requests a copy from TIERS History Correspondence.
- TIERS will not allow staff to generate the form in Manual Correspondence.
TIERS maintains a copy of the form in History Correspondence.