Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
- To provide a form for employment contractor staff to use to notify HHSC when a client voluntarily withdraws from TANF instead of participating with Choices.
- To provide a form for Texas Works advisors to use when a client reports that he wants to withdraw from TANF instead of participating with Choices.
When to Prepare
Employment contractor staff and Texas Works staff use this form to document a TANF client's decision to withdraw from the TANF program.
Number of Copies
- Employment contractor staff complete an original and two copies.
- Texas Works staff complete an original and one copy.
- Employment contractor staff send the original to local staff, give one copy to the client, and retains copy two.
- Texas Works staff give one copy to the client and retains the original.
- Employment contractor staff retains the form in the case record three years from the date of case closure.
- Texas Works staff file Form H1802 under Legal and retain it according to the instructions in the Texas Works Manager's Guide.
Client's Name — Enter the name of the client required to participate in Choices.
Client's SSN — Enter the social security number of the client required to participate in Choices.
Case Name — Enter the name of the TANF case in which the client is included. If the client name is the same as the case name, enter same.
Address — Self-explanatory.
Phone No. — Self-explanatory.
Family Member's Name — Enter the name of all clients who are pregnant or have given birth in the past two months who will be denied TANF.
SSN — Enter the social security number of the family members who are pregnant or have given birth in the past two months who will be denied TANF.
Signature — Signature of client required to participate in Choices.
Date — Self-explanatory.