Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
If still having trouble viewing or downloading a form, click here.
To inform an individual who is not eligible for presumptive or short-term Medicaid of their denial and to advise them of their right to file a regular Medicaid application.
When to Prepare
Give Form H1267 to individuals who are found to be ineligible for presumptive Medicaid because they do not meet one or more of the criteria listed on Form H1267.
Form H1267 is not a secure document.
Number of Copies
Prepare an original only of Form H1267.
Give the original directly to the individual, the individual's legal guardian or the person helping the individual. Keep a file copy in the individual's case record.
Name — Enter the individual's full name.
Address (street, city, state, ZIP) — Enter the individual's home address.
You can't get short-term Medicaid because: — Based on the information provided during the interview, check the reason the individual is ineligible for presumptive Medicaid. Explain to the individual why they are ineligible for presumptive Medicaid.
You can apply for regular Medicaid. We can help you. Or you can apply by: — Explain to the individual that they have a right to apply for regular Medicaid coverage. Tell the individual that they can apply:
- online at YourTexasBenefits.com,
- by phone by calling 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905, or
- at a Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) benefits office (enter the address of the nearest HHSC benefits office).
Signature of provider staff person — The qualified hospital (QH) or qualified entity (QE) staff who determines short-term Medicaid eligibility must sign Form H1267.
Date — Enter the date Form H1267 is issued.
Provider Address — Enter the address of the QH or QE.